Monday, March 1, 2010

Neighbors

I've always been grateful for loving support in my life. I feel it from all angles, first and foremost being my family and of course my friends and leaders at church or co-workers and neighbors. I know that I can pick up a phone and call to talk or ask a question. I know there are many places I can go to feel safe and be comforted and I'm even more grateful because I know not everyone has that in their lives. I always try to make sure that people know that I am grateful for them and for the strength I gain from them. But today, I am grateful to know that this can be returned. Today a family friend in need came an sought support from my family and although the situation is sad and lives are going to be changed forever there is comfort in knowing that this person will gain strength from us and the support we are willing to offer, that they know that we love and cherish this relationship. Everyday I am impressed to see that we truly are here for each other.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Its a hard situation isn't it. Breaks my heart and gives me hope.