Thursday, March 11, 2010

Listening


I've been doing a lot of reading and pondering the "art" of listening: mostly listening to myself and the promptings that I receive. I've started keeping a list of them in order to help me realize when it happens and to remember what they are. For example: tonight as I left work I thought about going to institute class (a weeknight class on different aspects of religious studies) and I kind of had a stomach ache and was tired. So I came home, all the while kept thinking about going but already half decided not to. I decided to go to Trader Joe's, walked out the door and just felt like I needed to go to institute and turned around, walked back into the house and got ready to go. I've never had the greatest attitude about institute but I followed that feeling and of course I had a good night and learned a lot from the class.
I'm grateful to know that the more I listen, the easier it will be to do so. Also, I'm grateful for little moments like that and how they can easily change my day.

No comments: