Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Exhibit #396 of my single-hood


Here is my clean laundry... it's been that way since Saturday. The process is this: dirty clothes go in the white hamper and when they are ready to wash I do so. And by "ready to wash" I mean I'm down to one pair of clean underwear and by "I do so" I mean I schedule with my mother a day and time when I am permitted to do my laundry. It then ends up in the black "hamper" which is actually a stool, thank you Ikea, that I've transformed into a hamper. Sometimes I feel so resourceful.

Things that need to be hung up are taken out so most of this is just stuff I haven't taken the time to fold. Sometimes I don't have the time and other times I procrastinate by, like, um, say blogging. And I'd say it gets folded every third time I do laundry because I decide to change. But normally I take what I need everyday and leave the rest for the next day, all in planing and hoping that I'll get around to it. Sigh...

2 comments:

kim said...

If Steve was in charge of our laundry, that's what it would look like all the time. He was king of the pile system. It seems to be contagious, but maybe its more because of things like blogging and blog reading. I do get lazy.

Rachel F. said...

Hahaha "because I decide to change." I soooo know what you mean by that. :-)