Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A change of plan

I had originally wanted to talk about my ability to find an amazing deal but that will have to wait for another day.

Today I want to share some of the great things that made my day.

I had lunch with TJ today at Paradise Bakery Cafe. I got there before she did and in the first few seconds that I was there a lovely young lady asked me if I wanted a cookie sample. Knowing that I was going to get six yummy chippers with my meal, I abstained, tempted as I was. Then she asked if I wanted something to drink. I wasn't sure what she meant so I said, "like a water cup?" but no, she gave me a cup to fill with a fountain beverage. SCORE! Apparently they have some sort of customer service BINGO and one of the squares is give away a free drink. Not gonna complain:)




Here is what made me happy at the end of a long day:


It is always a great day when my magazines come! Really, I get so giddy especially since the anticipation builds... I know they'll be here soon! eeeeikk! They just make me happy. Not a "core part of my life" happy, I guess I could live without them but a "cheer me up" kinda happy. I love some of the fun style and beauty tips in Oprah's as well as the stories of overcoming trial and struggle and how she recognizes that. And let's not get me started on Real Simple. Finding new uses for things ie parchment paper for muffin or cupcake liners, road testing a varrity of a similar thing ie pasta sauces and that they think of women of all shapes and sizes. Brilliant. Love it. Also, neither magazine throws a half naked lady on the front, thanks!


Another thing, who doesn't love a new fun nail polish?! I love the color "Panda-Monium Pink" even though it looks lavender. But it reminds me that even after x amount of years of having painted my nails, I have yet to master it. Already added to my list of things to learn how to do.

1 comment:

Traci Tenkely said...

Real Simple rocks my world. And so does your pink nail polish. It looks lovely and spring ;)