Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A theory

While speaking with a staff member today I felt more like I was being spoken at. This girl would say something and as I attempted to answer her question, she blurted out another. This went on for several minutes resulting in several unanswered questions, a frustrated me and a nearly strangled lifeguard.

So my theory is that all of this digital communication has resulted in a lack or complete absence of good verbal communication. For those of you who have ever chatted on line, you can throw a mess of questions out there and they will be answered eventually but we all know that this does not work as well in real life.


Sigh ... the young ones might not survive. Pray for them.

1 comment:

Traci Tenkely said...

Sad day. I feel for you! I had to ask a lifeguard three times yesterday to get a chair out of the storage room. This concept was too hard for them to grasp. Frustrating.