Tuesday, May 11, 2010

10 on Tues.day-mother



10 things I learned from my mother-

1. My mother taught me to hold myself responsible for what happens in life.

2. My mother taught me to look for the good in others because "are we not all beggars?"

3. My mother taught me the value of a home cooked meal (on the pocket book and in a family.)

4. My mother taught me that sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh at yourself.

5. My mother taught me that love is shown in more than one way you just have to look for it.

6. My mother taught me that friends will come and go so cherish them when you have them but don't fret when they are the fair weather type, change or disappear, more will come.

7. My mother taught me that doing what everyone else is doing isn't always what is right for you (or me.)

8. My mother taught me humility and patience and how they really don't work without each other.

9. My mother taught me that it is great to do what you love but it sometimes you can't so you learn to love what you do.

10. My mother taught me that serving others not only allows you to forget yourself and your own sorrows but that it brings happiness because as we serve others we serve Heavenly Father.

No comments: