Friday, May 21, 2010

My least favorite part of being a woman...

... is shaving my legs. I will try to keep this as non-gross as possible but let's consider that this is something I deal with everyday as part of my job. One would think that with all the time I've spent in my swim suit and making sure that I've done my duty of keeping things smooth that I would have this down pat but I don't. The fact that I'm always cold doesn't help but aside from that I never feel like I'm all smoothed out. I get a bit frustrated when I get a "good" razor (aka expensive) and can't seem to get the desired end result. Maybe it's the product I use to shave. I've tried the non-foaming creams and body wash and regular shaving cream but nothing seems to do the trick... any suggestions of fool proof way to get smooth. I'll settle for just a half hour!

3 comments:

Sommer said...

Okay...here's what always works the best for me. I MUST exfoliate first. Get some kind of body scrub, rub all over your legs, and then wash it off and then shave with your shave cream or whatever. It works!

kim said...

Wish I had the answer for you, but as sensitive as my skin is to most everything, shaving my legs doesn't seem to bother it, and I love having smooth legs so much that it has never really bothered me to shave. Other parts of my body, maybe a little more, but not my legs. the only rule I follow is to make sure I wait until the end of my shower and dont' have the water turned up too hot or I also have goosebump issues. I love the summer here because I'm pretty much always hot then and don't have the issues I do in the winter.

Traci Tenkely said...

Ha! The other day I found a 2x2 inch square that I have apparently missed for several weeks near my ankle. Gross. I apparently am in no position to give advice.