Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ragnar Relay Del Sol

Ragnar Relays are held in several areas of the country. Yesterday started the one in Arizona. It started in Prescott and ended in Mesa. Thats about 204 miles. I had friends that ran in it and each team needed volunteers. Insert me here. This morning I woke up at 4 and drove out to Fountain Hills (20 miles out of Chandler) to help at one of the exchanges. There are 12 runners on a team (350 total teams) and 36 legs of the race which meant 34 exchange stations. I was exchange 31. Due to some delays in the race, the first few hours of my 5-11 AM shift were uneventful but the first team got in about 8:30AM and from there they just kept coming. It was really exciting because all of the teammates were there for the exchanges and a lot of people had costumes etc.
My friend Janay ran in the race and after we were talking about all of it and what she experienced and I decided that I want to be on a team next year. So I think I'm going to commit to thinking about it. (Umm, p.s. this is big for me to even consider this since I over did it on the running a few years back and deal with the "fear" of overdoing it again. Small pat on the back... moving on.) I really think that I would like it. I mean, I saw people who had been up all night and hadn't showered laughing and cheering and still running. People twice my age still kicking it. Why wouldn't I want to join the madness?! Who's with me?

No comments: