Monday, February 22, 2010

oh yeah

I did talk to MG 10 hours after her phone call. Since I am the first to have a birthday between our close friends, she asked me if I feel old to which I replied "yes" followed by a heavy sigh. I sigh only because I didn't think I would. Anyway we chatted for a while about how at age 17 we thought we'd be different than we are now. Not better or worse but different. Then she said "one day I'll find that girl again who always was put together but now pony tails and showers every other day will have to do." I'm grateful for my friends who remember me on or around my birthday especially knowing that we all have busy lives. I am grateful everyday for the path my life has taken, even if I feel a little old, because I know that Heavenly Father has a great plan for me, I just hope he doesn't mind that I don't get a shower in everyday:)

1 comment:

kim said...

Showers are highly overrated. Okay, so I do actually manage to shower most days, but last night I realized I hadn' washed my hair since Thursday. That's what happens when I get sick and skip my workouts.

Happy Birthday, Hil! 27 is still very young :)