Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THE Announcement

I hope you're all ready for this!

As stated below, I've been thinking about this for some time. The actual "thing" is influenced/motivated/inspired by several things that have happened recently. They are as follows:

1. My friend Loli from France called and left me a message one day at work. Every time that it is about to be erased from my voice mail I re-save it. I have yet to contact her back in several months. I'm sure that many of you reading this might be able to exchange your name with Loli's and have it be true.

2. I've been reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (a good book so far) where a recent divorcee goes on a year long journey of self discovery in three different countries. She writes about moments (big and small) that have moved her, made her laugh or cry, help her understand her own self and what it is that she wants in life.

3. In April I moved home from France, broke up with the boy in May and it feels like ever since then that I've been getting back on track.

4. My friend from school RZ documented every day of her life for one month. I loved it.

5. I found my journal from study abroad and I wrote in it everyday. I loved looking at the simple things that I enjoyed so much.

6. At Costco pizza with my parents the other day I listed all the people that I haven't talked to in a while... and they were shocked. It hurt.

7. Thoroughly enjoyed Julie and Julia.

So now to the announcement. I'm sure you might be catching a drift. I have decided that in a goal to stay in contact with my dear friends, I resolve to blog once a day for an entire year. Now, with any goal (this seeming lofty) one must evaluate and re-adjust which I plan on doing after one month but starting Sunday February 21, 2010 which happens to be my 27th birthday, I will begin my journey. I imagine that it will be rocky at the start because I'm not quite sure that I've got tons of stuff to blog about yet, but I'll get into a grove. And aside from promoting connection, I hope to take the opportunity to always look for something to share. I hope everyone knows that I am really happy, and that this was not sparked by anything negative. I feel very positive and motivated about what great things this could bring, although I'm not hoping for book or movie deals like Julie got.

So prepare yourself for food, the pool and lifeguards, family, my random thoughts and much, much more:) I'm really excited!

6 comments:

Jason and Michelle Ellsworth said...

thats a wonderful goal! i have the hardest time writing in my journal everyday and so to you, I wish you the best! =] love ya Hillary!

Anonymous said...

I am excited too. I could use a bit more Hill in my life! :-)

Sommer said...

YAY!!! I miss you terribly and I like that I can get little glimpses into your life via blog. Love you so much!

kim said...

I'm really excited as well--its been a long time since we lived in the same area and actually had almost daily contact, so this will be fun! I wish that I thought I could do somthing like that, but lately I've been struggling to come up with something to blog about once a week or so!

Rachel F. said...

I love this. I am so, so excited. It's a really challenging goal. But I think you have the right attitude, "take the opportunity to always look for something to share." It's hard to do!

Sometimes I would get to the end of the day and realize the thing I wanted to post about had seemed too uneventful when it was happening that I didn't take a picture which made posting about it less exciting. I will say that being able to email posts in (take a photo with my phone, email the photo to blogger and have it post immediately) was REALLY helpful because on those days I was dead tired by the end I could blog from my bed. Good luck! What a great way to celebrate your 27th birthday!

Traci Tenkely said...

I am also very excited about this and super jealous that you already have 5 comments before me! I am slacking. I will also help motivate you and encourage this by commenting every day!! Love this.