Monday, February 22, 2010

The first real day of year #27

Today started out with at phone call at 7AM from my friend MG. I saw it was her calling toward the end of my phone ringing. I then proceeded to fall back asleep and dream that she was calling me from an ultrasound appointment because she wanted me to hear the heartbeat. Ummm... so she is pregnant but was calling to wish me happy birthday... not sure that she would ever call me to have me listen to the heartbeat over the phone. My dreams are weird!


My boss finds it necessary to have birthday treats; the woman loves sugar. She admitted to me at lunch today that she prefers a sugary thing to a real meal. Anyway, seeing as though today was the first business day after my birthday, weekend birthdays being no excuse, I made a birthday treat. I LOVE black bottom cupcakes. I love anything with cream cheese in it. They were well received, especially when I came into a meeting late today. (Read about migraine in previous post.)

Here they are... don't they look so good!?!?!?



And because everyone had meetings and work yesterday we had the family dinner tonight. My brothers usually request fancy places for their birthdays which I of course get to partake in so I feel like eating my favorite dinner at home is not selfish. It is something that my mom made a lot more often when we all lived at home because it was easy and cheap.





It might not look like much and that is because it is not. It is chicken over white rice and cooked carrots but the kicker is the sour cream sauce. I stuffed my self silly and then topped it off with another black bottom cupcake.




Sour cream and cream cheese will make any day a celebration! That's why I eat them everyday! What do you eat to celebrate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM. I love black bottom cupcakes too. They are my favorite cupcake. We had them at our reception...not sure if you remember that.
Looks like you had a nice little after-birthday day!

Traci Tenkely said...

Black bottom cupcakes were amazing and delicious! I get a gold-medal ribbon ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins every year! Glad your day was happy.