Monday, October 15, 2007

Week of 7/10 to 13/10



Here are some highlights of the week:
Monday: Yvonne’s birthday. We had mille feuille (which is layers of custard and pastry) and an éclair as cake and I found “bon anniversaire” candles at the store.

Wednesday: Went to Paris with Dasha and Yvonne and just wandered around Jardin de Luxembourg. The weather was perfect. They rent wooden, toy boats that the children race around the fountain in the center. Some adults do it too… it is really fun to watch especially when they run after the boat yelling and cheering.

Thursday: Went with Yvonne to meet another German assistant and her roommate who live in Avon. We went to a pub/bar in Fontainebleau. Three other assistants from Fontainebleau, who work at a different lycée than me, came also so with seven assistants there were three Germans (two girls and one boy), one Colombian guy, one Argentine girl, one Chinese girl and one American me. It was so much fun. We just sat and talked for 2-3 hours and then walked home down the foggy, dim lit streets. The air smelled of burnt leaves and rain.

Saturday: Met up with the German guy because he has to take a test on Wednesday for an exchange program in England and needs to practice his English. So we rode the train into Paris with Yvonne and her boyfriend. Then I spent most of the day wandering around the Marais. I’ve decided that I am going to take each arrondissement at a time to wander and get to know while I am here. It also works well that way because my mom gave me a restaurant guide that is organized by arrondissement. I figure if I do one a week then I should be good. You'll hear about it soon!

1 comment:

kim said...

Hill! Looks like you are having so much fun! Glad you sent us the link :)