Tuesday, October 9, 2007

nuit blanche



Nuit blanche is translated to white night but means sleepless night. It is a night where the enitre city of Paris (and surrounding areas) stays up all night. There are dance, music and theater preformances. From the garden at the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe is in flames... literally! The picutes that you see are of a chandelier on fire and the other ball looking thing is one of about 6 or 7 down walkway. We were walking through the garden before the sun set and we saw them before they were lit up. There were big peices of denim that had been soaked in something flamable and placed on some sort of wax that filled a terra cotta pot ( you can see it in the background of the picture of me and my roommates in previous message.)

In all the night was fun. I did not stay all night because I had a headache but it was fun while I lasted. I am pledged to do the all night thing one of these years. Wikipedia explains what it is perfectly! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuit_blanche

No comments: