Friday, December 5, 2008

Javi and the University

On the day that we left to go back to Cali, Javier took us to his university. It is a revolutionary university to say the least.

Here is a large painting of Che Guevara in the main square.



And Javi and me near the building where he spent all of his time. Notice the spray paint on the blocks. This is some sort of acronym for the FARC...



What shocked me the most amongst all of the pot smoking and propaganda was all of the spray paint. They had it everywhere: on the buildings, in the buildings and even in the lecture halls and classrooms. Everywhere protesting/supporting anything.

Here we have Malcolm X.


As impressed as I was, I did not take many pictures. I had plenty of people staring at me simply because I'm a gringa and then add a camera to that... I seriously felt like I had "look at me" written on my forehead.

No comments: