Thursday, November 6, 2008

Two very practical things

When I was in Cali I discovered that Colombia has some very good ideas.

#1 Bus stops
There are not any. You just stand on the street that the bus goes down and you motion to them like you would when you hail a cab and then it stops right in front of you. It is really much better in my opinion. No more waiting for the bus at the stop or having to memorize the hours for the bus. I really loved doing it. I would make sure we took busses everywhere we went so I could do all of the hailing.



#2 Plastic gloves
Some of the restaurants give you plastic gloves so that when you pick up your chicken etc you don't get your hands dirty. When I first saw someone with the gloves I did not know what to think. They did take some getting used to ie you need both hands to pick up your drink with them or else you spill and I once wiped my hands on a napkin even though I had the gloves on but after that I found them very useful. Something that I hope to see catch on in the states.



No comments: